"I know this... a man got to do what he got to do."
As today the wrath
of the softball gods
We've been blessed in Inwood this fall as we have not been rained out. Hell I guess we still haven't been rained out as this technically this is a snow out. There's a softball first for everything I guess.
This inclement weather is forcing us to the following tough but fair decisions:
- Playoffs start next week
- Most teams could only play 12 games, some less. Sucks but its the best we can do to make sure we complete the playoffs
- At least all teams in both leagues had already made the playoffs. Except one.
- Rays 4-7
- Dodgers 2-9
- Bombers 2-10
League Ruling for 6th Spot : There will be a special Saturday play in series between the Rays and Dodgers, where the Rays only needed to win one game and the Dodgers need to win 3 games. If at any point the Rays win one game, no other games will be played that day.
This decision was based on the following logic:
- The Rays and Dodgers must play again as they have only played once and are currently in 6th and 7th place, respectively
- Even though the Bombers and Rays haven't played all year they have been eliminated because (1) have played 12 games already (2) have the poorest run differential factor, (3) and cannot win five games under any scenario which is the win total most likely needed (in most scenarios) to qualify for the post season.
- If we let the Dodgers and Rays play only one game and then schedule a Bomber-Ray match up, then we would be running the risk that the Bombers would come to the park for nothing, if the Rays are victorious. That is a waste of time.
- The Dodgers week 7 opponent, Los Bizcocheros cannot play next Saturday.
- Bottom line : We just don't have enough fields and time for a 14 game schedule and are going to let the 6th and 7th seeds fight it out.