Selling out to play a stupid game in a snowstorm.
Yeah you read that right. We played in the snow.
Literally the whole field was covered in snow.
Not even a game. a travesty in every sense of the word.
Why we do this you ask?
Besides being stupid and refusing to admit the season is over, our good old friend Yorkoff, I mean Yorkville sports league, refused to cancel the game. Being a self proclaimed softball Nostradamus about a year ago I wrote the following blog about Yorkoff (check it out) http://softballinsider.blogspot.com/2007/10/yorkoff.html.
What really hurts me last night was that the umpires would let people play in those conditions. Last night was abusive and flat out retarded.
Our umpire, Little Loocho , should be ashamed of himself.
Oh yeah, we had a another playoff game scheduled after our game, and get this our opponent who had just finished playing on a field across from us wanted to play.
How moronic is that???!?!
The umps being the non confrontational morons actually had to call the league and ask their opinion. Only then was the game called.
But before I fade to softball black
"They say they never really miss you til you dead or you gone" So on that note I'm leaving after the song So you ain't gotta feel no way about Jay so long At least let me tell you why I'm this way, Hold on "
8. 2008 was a crazy year in the Real World with the economic crisis, but I survived it thanks in part to Loocho (about to make the call below) who got me umpiring work in tough times Thank you brother
6. My best moment of the year was driving in a key two out run in the championship against Caquito in the NY Fast pitch league. One good key hit against a stud pitcher is worth 1,000,000,000,000,000 hits against low level competition.
5. Whether you hate him or love him the game needs John Castillo back - it wasn't the same without him.
4. I played on 3 teams that folded - Uptown Chief, Aguillas, and Bloomberg Blaze plus we had over 10 guys quit on us in Knockout in the fall. Crazy and not Fun
3. Speaking of Inwood - running Inwood this year sucked b/c of the weather, but in the end we had a strong playoff season, Knockout became fun to play on and I was happy to see several friends I had on the Westlanders enjoy their Championship.
2. I will turn 40 in 2009. The final destination softball grim reaper is coming so my softball New Years resolution is try and enjoy every moment I can while I can.