Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Just kidding Mike I'm just jealous and much props for wearing your Knockout championship shirt on this video you filmed with Mark Gasper several years ago on the Great Lawn. Thanks for the clip.
Keep pitching your determination, talent, and effort will be rewarded.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Location: beautiful Inwood Park (Field #3) Seaman Ave New York, NY US View Map
So please come join us at Inwood Park (Field #3) for Softball, Food, Beer, see some ol' friends or make some new ones. Get your softball groove on and raise a few dollars for a good cause. The game is Co-ed and you may invite friends. Everyone plays regardless of skill, ability and sobriety. Please Bring any donation you can, your glove, your kids (great playground), your appetite, and a chair (if you want to lounge around) for this special cause.We had a great time last year and raised close to $3000.
If you can't make it, but would like to donate, please contact me at email@example.com, but I would much rather see you at Inwood playing and/or hanging out.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Here are the Odds on Possible Softball Destinations for Lebron:
Saphire 1,000,000 to 1 - might go to the strip club, but not a good match
Lawyertime 100,000 to 1 - Can you see Lebron doing a Lawyertime.com injury commercial?
Knockout 1,000 to 1 - c'mon Lebron ain't going above 96th street
WestLanders 500 to 1 - Lebron can't share the spotlight with Dio
Cardinals 400 to 1 - a very good team that plays below 96th street but Lebron doesn't drink while he is playing and wouldn't fit in
Westies - 350 to 1 - Lebron ain't playing at 9 am
Pershing - 300 to 1 - Jersey City Softball - Unless he signs with the Nets forget Jersey. On that note you can forget any league in Yonkers, Brooklyn (until Nets move there). Queens, and Long Island
Merrili Lynch Softball Wall Street League - 250 to 1 - Lebron might like playing in a corporate league but wouldn't choose Merrill b/c they would expect a grand slam and dunk every at bat.
Diesel 125 to 1 - Lebron would like the diversity on this team, but for that he would play softball in Cleveland
Lebron would be welcomed with open arms.
P.S Let's Go Knicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, July 1, 2010
However, as much as interviews fucking suck they are a necessary evil as they help gather information, serve as an introduction, and if done properly, serve as an intelligent conversation between two parties with mutual interests. This got me to thinking, if the cold hearted "Man" can use interviews as a screening device, why don't most softball leagues use interviews? With the exception of the Big Apple League, who interviews prospective new teams, most people in the softball world don't use interviews.
(1) Where has your team played before?
(2) How many players do you have?
(3) Who are your pitchers and do you know the proper pitching Rules
Softball Interviewee - A New Team
(2) Always say "you have 12-20 guys and it's a tough managers job to find playing time." This will ease the commissioners forfeit fear
(3) Answer what you honestly think pitching rules are and who your starters are b/c you can't hide slingers and will get a bad reputation for bringing one. Interviewee's should also asks for the leagues pitchers ban list at that time.
(2) 9 or maybe 10 I think - never use the words "I think"
(3) I don't know what you mean by modified.
(2) Can you commit to the team at least 75-80 pct of the time?
(3) Can you pay the ump fee?
Let your new skipper know right away what your favorite position is but also let him know where you can help out.
(2) Unless your a known stud wringer - always say Yes
(3) Same as #2
(2) "We'll see" - so weak and sounds like you are doing him favor - bad
(3) No. Only Studs and Wringers can say yes.
3 Basic League Commissioner or head umpire should ask a new umpire
(1) Experience Question : Where have you umpired before?
(2) Availability Question: Are you available to work on x days?
(3) Umpiring Mechanics Question : What are the proper mechanics in working a two man set? For example, explain the In/Out field mechanics approach to me?
(2) Yes - otherwise your done