West Plays Choice Parts at late at 3pm on September 9th in the Bog Apple Semi-Finals
hmmmm inquiring minds must probe deeper what's up with this late start for a best of 3 series?
Top Ten Real Reasons WEST plays CHOICE PARTS so late at 3pm on September 9th
10. ARE YOUR READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!! NFL begins maybe the guys want to watch the 1st half of Jets- Pats - nah that's not it - watch highlights on ESPN later
9. Best fall league in NYC - Inwood , www.citysoftball.com , begins on that date - maybe some of the guys will play in the morning - nah that's not it - week one is wack anyway
8. Maybe some of the guys want to watch The Working Cedric's play Contact at 1pm - nah that's not it - no runs will scored there anyway
7. My team Gallagher's is playing the Bombers in the loser's bracket at 1pm - yawn - nah that's not it
6. Rain is in the forecast until 2:59pm then there will be a window of opportunity to play the games - like Yanks-Tigers last Friday night - nah that's not it
5. Lights must be getting installed at Hecksher b/c playing a best of 2 out of 3 in one day in only
3 1/2 hours of daylight when the permits are about to expire otherwise seems impossible-
nah that' s not it my bad - no lights at Central park ballfields
4. Networks have targeted the West - Parts match up as getting higher ratings in the 3pm spot - oops my bad no TV revenue on that - Smokey and Panama have exclusive licensing rights on all beer and weed
3. Someone on the parts must be getting to the game late - maybe Kip's supermodel girlffriend has a photo shoot or something - nah Kip is a gamer he wouldn't be late
2. Shiesty - hmm getting warmer - but who could be so shiesty and manipulative?
and the #1 Real Reasons WEST plays CHOICE PARTS so late at 3pm on Spetmeber 9th
1, Obvious stall tactic by trusted league official John Rosenmillier and coincidentally manager of Choice Parts. He wants slinger John Brown (actually he's a nice guy) to pitch in game one.
Bown pitches in the playoffs in Red Hook with the Clemente Pirates earlier that same day.
I guess Rosenmiller doesn't trust sidearm Doc or Castillo to pitch game one of the playoffs. We have all stalled for a good player to show up, I know I have (Marty and Mark did it this past weekend) that's OK. But this down right ridiculous and an abuse of power. What if they run out of day light? Does someone have to play 4 games the following week when this could be avoided by a 2 or 1pm start? Foul