Softball High Profile Manager Dio Jackson, a noted West Lover, has written the following blog and I'm going to print it so check it out it's pretty much on point
Top Ten Reasons Why Dio Loves West
10. They won 4 Inwood Chips. Back to back to
back....you get it. To be
the best, you gotta beat the best.
9. Who wouldn't fall in love with these guys. Probably only Johnny C.
8. Geo and Hec...nuff said.
7. They reminded me of my Yankees, the dynasty team.
6. John Albert. One of the best softball managers out
there. Was a pleasure going up against him for the
chip. He made me think. Opened up my psycho mind.
5. Love/Hate relationship with Angelo (Tony Soprano).
Played on the same little league team with him. Will
always have that City Sluggers connection.
4. Their starting pitching. How and where do they
find these guys?
3. How many Colon brothers are there? Will always
have 9 to play. Never have to forfeit. And can still
2. They celebrated with us (the Highlanders) when we
beat them for the Inwood Chip. Showed a lot of class.
Took photos with us.
and the # 1 reason why I admire West Players...
I won my first softball championship with them in
Chelsea as Hell's Kitchen (pretty much the same West
players). They showed me what it takes to WIN. The
rest is history...