Friday, July 17, 2015

Pitching Change

“Come along follow me as I lead through the darkness
As I provide just enough spark that we need to proceed
Carry on, give me hope, give me strength
Come with me and I won't steer you wrong
Put your faith and your trust as I guide us through the fog
 Eminem Mosh

I am a very emotional person and player. I go all out in softball to:


Over the years to do that I've needed my pain, my hunger, my anger, my hate. It's part of my game. However, lately I feel like there's no more SB anger, no more SB hate to motivate my skittish side as:
So whose left? Seems like there are no more or at least very few softball assholes to attack. Peace can be scary when hate/anger has been a way of SB life.

I guess I could get my "Hate On" by going at outside SB losers like the NRA or the GOP party, but that's too easy, and more importantly missing the big picture of :

  1. Maybe Peace is Good
  2. How hard and special it is to attain Peace
  3. People are scared of change.

In many of the peaceful softball conflicts resolved/changed above it took one person, many times not me, to willing to take a calculated risk and extend their hand in trust to make things better. That takes maturity, trust, and courage. The potential for good made it worthwhile.

In the real world change is even harder, slower, and scarier as lives are at stakes. The recent
Iran Nuclear Deal is the poster child on how people are not ready or afraid of change.




Bottom Line: Iran agrees to have their nuclear programs monitored and they get their money. I am down for change, it's not 1979 anymore
















and differences need to be set aside. It is very risky to give a lifelong enemy nuclear power, but what is the alternative? Nuking them? No that's not an option,

Peace can be scary, but someone has to extend their hands in good faith negotiations. This opportunity for peace cannot be turned down. as this deal signals a new brave world where the U.S and 5 other states have extended their hand in good faith, they would be suicidal fools not to comply. Through verification and monitoring their nuclear capability trust will be earned not just given away. People born before 1979 will have the most difficult time living in this new world, but those born after will most likely reap the benefits.

It's time for change,

No comments:

Post a Comment