I've said it before and I said it again, Baseball/Softball is an Unforgiving sport as the softball gods
at times have no Mercy, no Rhyme or Reason, no Remorse. Examples of Cruel things I've seen or experiences this year:
- Lazy Fast guys hitting into triple plays
- 450 hitters unable to hit with the bases loaded or men on
- Strange Double plays - line drives off pitchers back turned for two
- Trying to do the right thing like hit behind a runner and have it backfire.
- Accurate throwers throwing to the ball to the bathroom in key spots
- Al Bundy types throwing game away
- Undefeated regular season team losing in the semi-finals
- Going 4 for 4 versus a good pitcher and taking a collar versus a lesser hurler
- Winning a Championship on Forfeit
- 24 games losing streak ended when your best fielders have an off day
- Healthy guys getting weird illnesses
- Asshole managers
The list can go on and on and on and on. It's a unforgiving game. The key to healing is to somehow someway keep going, forgive yourself, try and self-correct.
Don't know how softball became so spiritual at times to me. it really shouldn't be, but somehow it is.