Saturday, July 19, 2014

Burning the Candela at Both Ends

I used to love playing Softball on Saturday's on Noble Avenue in the Bronx. It was my one day to be A96 street Hispanic










On the way to winning a hard fought 2012 championship we were talented, unselfish, resourceful, and gritty.

But in softball that was a long time ago.Candela is now a shell of its former self


after last week's double forfeit loss.



We are disgraced,


shattered, and in shambles. Saturday softball sucks again. It's empty and a chore.



Whose fault is it? Simple: My Boy Gil Gonzalez.

I saw this coming since March. He loves this team, but his quest for control, poor judgement of talent/character, and horrible management/people skills have almost certainly doomed the season.



As an aside, Choice Parts decided not to recruit him this year - good call.

Going Forward Insider Opinon:

Due to a previous commitment I cannot make this week. I haven't missed a week yet, and they will miss me today as they need every warm body they can get. Honestly, there is talent but no desire, no leadership, no love. I will be very surprised if Gil makes this right. He's a great player who is just not wired to manage.

I won't quit , but a week I deserve a week away from this mess. Even my softball whore tolerance has limits.

1 comment:

  1. Double forfeit? Wow, that's about as low as it can get.

    ReplyDelete