Juan "Lochness Monster" Moreiras
Tournament Coordinator "TD" for Tomorrow's
"B/C it's More Than Just a Game" Charity Event at Inwood Hill Park
He's definitely the most qualified for the role as he has experience, is fair, respects others, and respects himself. I would be nothing in the game without him and his helped has really helped me this week.
As his 1st act he sent out the following wise declaration:
Thank you for taking part in this charity event! Ric is proud of guys and he will write nice things about you on his blog lol...
For those who don't know me, my name is Juan Moreiras and I'll be helping Ric with the tourney this Saturday. I'll be the tournament director (that's the guy you buy beer & pastelitos). I will do my best to make it a good time for everyone.
Here are the tournament details:
- 6 teams confirmed
- Donation: $300 per team (paid to me on the field, check made out Cancer Research Institute), we'll provide the umps, balls, and bases.You can donate directly to the event directly at The
Cancer Research Institute, on my page at : http://my.e2rm.com/
PersonalPage.aspx? registrationID=2523297& langPref=en-CA via Facebook https://apps.facebook.com/ fundraising_na/PersonalPage. aspx?RegistrationID=2523297
- All games at Inwood Park fields
- Tournament will be double-elimination (team has to lose twice to be eliminated)
- Winners & Losers Brackets (seeding to be picked from a hat)
- 5-6 rounds, we should be done by 4pm if we start at 9:00am.
- Modified pitch, 10-man (no slingers strictly enforced by me, Mr. TD)
- Inwood Softball Rules will apply (see here http://citysoftball.com/rules/)
- Mercy rule, 12 after 5
- I will have final ruling on any protests/ issues, brackets, seeding, illegal pitchers, etc
- Trophy for winners & MVP
- 8:30 AM Managers meeting at Field 2/3 to review rules, & pick bracket seeding
- 9:00 AM 1 St Round begins
FYI: The park rangers at Inwood are vigilant about drinking alcohol at park. They sometimes write summonses and revoke permits. So my advice - use discretion.
PARK LOCATION & DIRECTIONS
Inwood HIll Park, Manhattan (Zip code 10034)
The park extends from 207st to 218st along Seaman Ave. The main entrance is on Isham St and Seaman Avenue. Our fields are at the center of the park. Inwood is a great park, the fields are good, there are bathrooms and shade.
West Side Highway North to Dyckman St. Exit. Make left on Broadway, proceed to 207st.
FDR North to Dyckman St exit. Stay right on 10th Ave, make left on 204st, then right on Broadway to 207st.
Parking on weekends is not great, but not impossible. Get there early and park anywhere in the Inwood area. There is a big parking lot on Broadway and near 216st and 10th Ave (by the bus depot).
Take A train to the 207th St and walk WEST on 207th.
Take 1 train to 215th St, walk west on 218st
The following Buses make stops in the Inwood area:
M100, Bx7, Bx12, bx20, BxM1
Exit the Bus on Broadway at 207st and walk west towards the park.
Insider Analysis of TD : Professional