Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Inglourious SB Basterds

I not a big Quentin Tarantino fanbut his latest movie Inglorious Basterds is a cinema masterpiece and I Highly recommend it to everyone. Without giving away the movie, there is one part of the flick that reminds me of softball. Brad's Pitt who brilliantly plays the character Lt. Aldo Raine tells his team of recruits "I need me eight soldiers. Eight Jewish-American soldiers..... we're gonna be doing one thing and one thing only... killing Nazis..... I sure as hell didn't come down from the goddamn Smoky Mountains, cross five thousand miles of water, fight my way through half Sicily and then jump out of a fuckin' air-o-plane to teach the Nazis lessons in humanity. Nazi ain't got no humanity.... they need to be dee-stroyed..... that's why every son of a bitch we find wearin' a Nazi uniform, they're gonna die. ...... Sound good? "

This is what a good SB managers does. Recruits loyal motivated players with a common goal. After all let's be honest, aren't most of us softball players inglorious basterds to some extent?

PS OK so the softball connection is the clearest in this blog, but go see the movie anyway you will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment