In the real world, Hell Hath No Fury like a woman scorned, well in softball this past weekend, I found out that Hell Hath No Fury like a Former Team scorned.
On Saturday, my former team the Cardinals smoked my current team the WestLanders. We were not competitive and got beat & outplayed that day in every facet of the game.
On Sunday, my former team Gallaghers (now called Saphire) played very well and earned two hard fought victories over my current team Hell's Kitchen.
The softball gods work in mysterious ways.
Hell Tidbit's from Sunday's Game:
(1) I can understand players missing a game, but why do they wait until game time/day to tell you - barring an emergency this is so irresponsible.
(2) Getting swept is very discouraging and inexcusable. It will be very interesting to see where the season goes from here. The league is tight this year and the young teams are hungry. We are better than this.
(3) We blame the umps way too much. We scored 4 runs in 2 games against the same pitcher. Let's look in the mirror. We are not good enough to throw our gloves on the field and win.
(4) Arguing amongst one another on the field is embarrassing.
(5) Gubi hit the ball hard all day but in tough luck. He has the skill set to bat 2nd.
(6) Gubi concentration lapses on the field are beyond comical and a shame for a player of his ability
(7) HK left the bases loaded and had nothing to show for it in the 1st 2 innings of the 3-1 Game One loss
(8) With the bases loaded and two outs in the 2nd it was Gubi turn at bat, he was hanging out on another field and not ready to hit. Needless to say, he did not come through.
(9) Ricky did not throw any bats Sunday.
(10) Losing is miserable