Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Today is my Birthday .. 6 Feet Over

Ok so today isn't my Birthday, it's June 19th and I'll be 40. Wow!!!!!!! I'm an old MotherFucker!!!!!!! I'll be too busy at work and with family that day to blog about it so I'll do it now instead.

It all comes down to Time, that fickle irresistible Frenemy, that we all know and hate. Aging is inevitable as time stops for no man and over the years I've both wasted and took advantage of my time to build a very good life for myself.
I've partied ....

Built a softball league
and married an amazing woman
If your worse problem is your batting average you have a good life.
On your birthday, you can't help but think of all the different cycles and directions you go though in life, but what's important is the way you live and who you become throughout the journey of life.

Deep shit. Too much deep shot for a softball blog.
One of my favorite songs is "6 Feet Under" by Gwen Stefani, I listen to it all the time. I love Gwen


Now I know you thinking "Ricky your not 14 years old so stop posting Gwen Stefani hoochie posters on your wall ". Ok Ok your right but besides being fine Gwen Stefani is almost 40, very talented, weird, freaky, grungy, innovative, and like me does not like wearing sleeves The words to the song "Six Feet Under " are morbid and go like this
"In the morning I wake up And in the night I sleep
Since the day that I was born Repeat, repeat, repeat
Brought to this life Born to this life
Where was I before? Non-existent? not at all? Will I ever know?

Today is my birthday
And I get one every year And some day...Hard to believe
But I’ll be buried six feet underground

Subconsciously motivated natural instinct
Alter nature for the pleasure Orthocycline
Flirt with conception Slow the cycle Will the baby grow?
Social tradition interference Control, control, control

Today is my birthday And I get one every year
And some day...Hard to believe But I’ll be buried six feet underground
I’ll be dead and gone, no longer around

Spinning, spinning Before I can recall
All the unknown chemicals Control the cycle
The successive generations From dust to dust
Burying my grandma Then give birth to my own daughter

Today is my birthday And I get one every year
And some day...Hard to believe
But I’ll be buried six feet underground

Today is my birthday And I get one every year And some day...
Hard to believe But I’ll be buried six feet underground
I’ll be dead and gone, no longer around

I’ll be burried six feet underground. "

That sick song does hit home and I give her credit for having the balls to sing about how we are all walking our own Green Mile
But on my birthday I prefer to think about how good life 6 feet Over the ground is instead and all the wonderful days ahead.

Life is Good.

Thank you for your readership ... Now Play ball!!!!!!!

2 comments: