Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sb Media Day

While today may be 

groundhogday where Punxsutawny Phil spotted his shadow, predicting another hopefully mild six weeks of winter. It was another day this week - Super Bowl Media Day

that caught my attention.You see on this day there is hype, hype, and more hype about the big game where lots of silly questions and antics occur when the coaches, commissioners, players, officials, and handicappers and media all get together

This got me to thinking why can't softball have a media day before a big game? So I went out and did some in the field softball media interviews myself and this is what I came up with

Interviews with the Coaches

I met with former Knockout Manager Juan "Lochness Monster" Moreiras for his take on the SB


then I met with Championship Manager John Sheppard for his thoughts

OK let me move on and do a serious in depth one on one interview with Softball Commissioners.

Let's start with CJ from EMS

As usual we didn't learn much there. How about asking Big Apple Big Man Jeff Marcus about weather related big game issues


Interesting.

OK now lets get down to the stars of the show. The players. 

Some players like Anthony Peterson have dedicated the big game to a fallen hero


Other players like young up and coming Christian Goris look to shine, within the team concepts of course, and are very quotable

Some great players like Jose Carrion are distracted by family members and have to cut their sessions short

While others  like Juan Parra graciously share their Wisdom

Many times a big game comes down to a crucial slit decision by a referee so I decided to speak to legendary Umpire Lootch regarding NFL officials


To wrap up Softball Media day I would have been remiss if I didn't take into account a bettors point of view and who better to get a bettor point of view than Jack "Bandanna Man" Cutler

Jack's gambling angle interview was cut short
 
because he needed to make a payment to his bookie. Good Luck with that.

Anyway, softball media day was full of surprises, but its important to remember to "don't believe the hype and just enjoy the game".

No comments:

Post a Comment