"I never would've dreamed in a million years I'd see,So many motherfuckin' people who feel like me, who share the same views And the same exact beliefs, it's like a fuckin' army marchin' in back of me, so many lives I Touch, so much anger aimed, in no particular direction, just sprays and sprays, and straight 'till it stays stuck in your head for days and days, who would of thought, I would catapult to the forefront of like this, how Could I predict my words would have an impact like this," - Eminem White America
The Comments from my last post just blew me away. The Crossing the Line piece wasn't even a top 100 in my personal Top 100 Blogs in terms of originality, reflection, humor, honesty, analysis, and absurdity. But the subject was so controversial and touchy that it set off a wave of debate the likes that this forum has never seen before. I must admit even people who hate me weighed in on the subject matter and in this instances the readers snatched the pebble from the masters hand to far surpass my insights. You all did a wonderful job of letting it all out hang out. As Eminem rapped above "I feel I have an army in back of me"
Now where do we go form here? Is change coming? Or further regression?
Insider Analysis: The Fallout
What should happen is as follows:
(1) Suspension for all guilty parties and Warnings to all guilty teams that another abusive incident will result in expulsion without a refund. I despise abusive bully behavior. It is shallow, weak, and unacceptable. Do the crime do the time. We are here to play softball not act like assholes. Leave your alpha male bullshit elsewhere and play the game.
(2) Big Apple should institute an immediate one game minimum suspension policy for all players ejected from a game. Effective in his team next game. No if, and's or butts. Forget next year do this now. This is not a perfect policy, but it is a deterrent to socially unaccepted behavior. Show some balls and take a stand.
(3) Both umpires used during Highlander-Rangers game should be fired. Sorry but they were useless in controlling/diffusing a volatile situation
(4) Ranger-Highlander game should be continued with all ejections and suspensions in effect.
(5) Pitching - The root of all Big Apple evil. Umpires do not want to call illegal pitching. The league must do this. Come up with a ban list now, again not next year now,and institute immediately otherwise you will lose loyal teams like West or teams will go out and further escalate the problem and hire more illegal pitching to fight fire with fire.
I have my doubts that all of the above will be done due to the political and bureaucratic nature of the Big Apple beast. The People have spoken louder than anything the insider has ever written or said. Now listen.