Agenda Item #1 Introduce media lightning rod and controversial manager
- Red Sox hire Bobby Valentine and Miami Marlins hire Ozzie Guillen
- and after a 6 month hiatus softball manager Dio Jackson is now back
Agenda Item #2 - Big Money spent on Free Agents
- Papelbon, Bell, Reyes, Pujols, Fielder, Wilson all have or are going to get paid
- The Marlins use their impressive new dome home
- In softball 28th street will be back which will definitely bring in and back former players
- Scott Boras types going to try and drive up player prices
- In softball top impact players are at a premium and the Recruiting Game is ruthless
Agenda Item #5 - Young Players
- The days of trading off your entire farm system are over. Young players are durable and affordable.
|Big Apple Rookie of Year Christian Goris, 2nd from left|
Competition is especially complicated for these guys. A topic for another day.
Agenda Item #6 - Older player market
- Big Papi, Vlad, Thome find it harder to get big deals or promised playing time as Dh types get flexed on
- In softball, studs of yesterday like Tommy Helegson have been forced to take short term deals with winless teams like the Legends to prove their worth
- CJ Wilson offered a 6 year deal, Ridiculous. People Always overpay for pitching
- Softball is the same. Most pitchers (not all) look to stick up the market for the highest bidder. Someone always caves in
- Players, fans, bloggers, agents, GM's, owners, reporters are all like high school girls passing notes. They love rumors, bitch style
- Everyone in softball loves juicy rumors, drama and gossip (bochinche in Spanish). It's part of teh social element.
Let the Softball Hot Stove begin