- Confidence in your skill and teammates.
- Your team is stacked with hitters and no else has pitching. No mound threats
- You pay for the best players. You have an edge.
- Your team may not be the greatest ever, but you know everyone else sucks.
This very same thing is happening right now in the presidential election where the Weak GOP field is giving Obama no competition. Now wait a minute, people could point to the struggling economy and say the President as vulnerable, perhaps, but look at the Republican candidate field and you don't yet see a viable alternative.
Let's look at the All Star's :
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry - he wanted to "stay in Iraq". Dumb. Guess what he's already out and announced he was backing Gingrich. Speaking of which
- Newt Gingrich - after being out of the race he's back in it despite all the mud slinging about his ex-wives and his "ghetto language quote" .Gingrich would not make a good baseball GM as he does not value the Latin market. Ignorant
- Ron Paul - He knows he can't win, so why is he running? Simple Power. He's flexing on the GOP by threatening to withhold his followers' votes. His goal is to force the GOP to pay the price of his support which is an isolationist views on foreign policy, revising the Patriot Act, and limiting presidential power. His position are not those of a Republican Party, and if he defects for an independent run then that will result is a re-election boost to Barack Obama as the GOP loses votes. Bottom line he doesn't give a fuck about America. No one takes him seriously.