The ghetto saying goes "I'm all that and a bag of Chips",
well yesterday my team the Bombers felt that way as we Won The Championship on Central Park's Great Lawn in the NY Fast Pitch League.
- We didn't win any real money.
- We didn't win any out of style jackets
- We didn't win any dust collecting Trophies like MLB's World Series trophy
Don't get me wrong Caquito was magnificent in the series. he single handily carried his team throughout the 3 games.
- Game One was a 9 inning classic in which Caquito struck out about 15 batters and we found a way to win 1-0.
- Game Two was another classic as we managed only one hit yet rallied from a 2-0 deficit to tie the game and force extra innings only to lose 3-2.
- Game Three was amazing as we got key two out hits in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd inning to build an insurmountable 5-0 lead after 3 and 1/2 innings.
Nonetheless, this Bomber team did truly earn the Championship as evidence by scoring 5 runs off the best legal modified pitcher in softball in a Do or Die situation .I found this Bomber team gratifying to play on for a variety of reasons the biggest of which was that while we had the best team we were not a sure thing to win it all. I had won the Championship two years in a row in this league while playing on a excellent Lawyertime team led by Softball Studs, Simon, Lou 22, Elvis, Castillo, Cabezza, etc.There was no way we were losing this league.
PS Of course I am writing a Top Ten about the Bombers Championship
Top Ten Reasons the Bombers Won the NYC Fast Pitch Great Lawn League
10. We were the only losers that could field 9 guys at ridiculously early 5:30 games that only lasted 3 1/3 innings in October.
9. Andy Santana- excellent player and GM - A Shout out to all the Santana bothers!!!
8. Lawyertime was not in the league - I ain't gonna lie it made it easier
7. Caquito was literally a one man show in the Chip - thank god that he didn't get any help or we would have been toast
6. Defense - best in the league
5, Sito - Simply a Beast on both sides of the ball.
True impact player and one of the best SS in all of softball.
4. Leadership - The Bombers version of Obama was Anthony - great guy great attitude
3. John Rosenmiller smoked his cigarettes away from all his teammates and avoided giving them second hand smoke
2.Teammates avoided jail by not killing obnoxious Ricky.
and the Number One Reasons the Bombers Won the NYC Fast Pitch Great Lawn League
On a side note this is the only chip I have won this year.It ain't easy winning when you didn't play with Castillo or Lou 22 this year.