Monday, July 16, 2007

Insider Info from an Insider

My last blog was about a managing decision I faced with runners on 2nd and 3rd and two outs. The next two batters were about equal and I choose the wrong batter.

One of the players in the game ( a good smart player) wrote me the following:

"Let me tell you what i would have done, its the same thing as walking the guy. Tell your pitcher to just throw as fast as he can and to keep it away from plate, maybe the batter is stupid enough to swing but if he cant throw fast then your up shits creek,haha I love pitching with first base open because i feel i can invent pitches and really throw fast because if i walk him it doesn't hurt. I have more trouble with man on 1st and 2nd then i do with 2nd and 3rd, its a mental thing where i feel i have a safety net since 1st base is open, so a walk doesn't hurt me."

This shows you that good players are always thinking and how mental the game is - good nerd stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment