"Now this shit's about to kick off, this party looks wack
Let's take it back to straight softball and start it from scratch"
I'm 'bout to bloody this blog up, everybody get back
That's why my pen needs a pad
Let's bring it back to that vintage Insider, bitch!" - Eminem Berzerk
Em's new beat has a classic beastie buy funk to it. Looks like he's re-booting. Speaking of long anticipated waits OK I've been on blog
Maternity leave for the last 3 months
are greatly exaggerated. Like daddy, my daughters embody that "Fight the Power mentality
And it's time to Softball Reboot and go Berzerck myself...
Rebooting is definitely the right way to describe my return. We all have "re-booted our computer" when it is malfunctioning and similarly Hollywood was made billions modernizing and re-booting dead franchises like Planet of the Apes, James Bond, Star Trek and Batman.
So you see like the Joker I do really have a plan, I am just rebooting. Simple. And along the way maybe I can expose some schemers
Top Ten Re-Boot Topics I want to discuss
10. Season - I will do a team by team re-cap this offseason, but for now it has all been a blur. Between babies, work, family, slumps, successes, and disappointments. Last year was smooth. But last year was over 10 months ago as every minute this year has been a whirlwind
9/8. Slumps/ Failures - I always said long hurts more than winning feels good, but I can take losing. What hurts me the most is regression. I am too old to regress from a performance, team, and ethic perspective. Regression is wasted spirit.
7. Big Apple League - Championships conclude this weekend. It's basically live by the sling die by the sling now as open pitching dominates. Many teams will not be returning unless change occurs. Sorry but the system is broken and I can't back off guys, Big Apple League deserves No Mercy
6. Fall - They say spring rejuvenates players. Well so does fall ball. Inwood has begun and this year we have eliminated many "A" pitchers and lowered the prized. We are re-booting going back to the way the league was from 99'-06'
5. Gun Control - This was nothing to do with softball. Monday's Naval Base shooting killed 13 people. When are those assholes at the NRA going to put making $$$ aside for public safety. It wasn't a Tour of Duty video game or a Quinten Tarantino movie that killed those innocent people. It was a psycho who bought a gun over the counter. Over the counter. How the fuck is that possible? Unacceptable.
4. 12 Man lineup - back to softball. I don't get a fuck what anyone says. Is not a good strategy. Never. I don't give a fuck who uses it. 11 is wack imagine 13. Your hitters better being elite high impact guys for it to even be considered. This strategy is more a sportsmanship, getting everyone involved, karma thing.
3. Next year - Year after year everyone talks about next year. That's cool, but this year is still here for many as championships and fall ball take center stage, as wise Yoda said " All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing.". Now will never come again. Enjoy now. Worry about next year , next year
2. Goodness - Whenever things go wrong I always go back to theJiminy Crickets of my life. They don’t know everything, but they all have one thing in common - goodness. They don't try to shine, be great, or have illusions of grandeur. They all just try and do things the right way. Goodness is better than Greatness. I have been just trying to clear my mind and focus on goodness.
and the number One Re-Boot Topic I want to discuss
1. You - the readers. While I may ignore you on the outside, I do hear your calls for more blogs, controversy, intelligent conversations, and support. I'm back. It's on and while I am cutting this blog a little short b/c I have to go play some ball right now I want you to know The insider is ready and will give his best to go Berzerk for you in a good way.